Women and the Benefits of Self-Loving
If you’ve been holding back until now, then it’s time to unleash your inner goddess and get lost in the land of self-cultivated orgasms and sexual joy. Masturbating has tremendous benefits that you don’t want to miss out on.
Ready to get your hands sticky? Be inspired… Let’s dive in! ;)
1.Get your confidence backSelf-pleasuring can actually boost your self-confidence and empower you. How? Well, when you know your body, know what you like, and know how you want to be touched, it means you’re more sure of yourself. That self-knowledge will affect other areas of your life as well. If you can take care of your own pleasure and joy, you are more likely to show up with confidence in your everyday life.
2. Love your bodyIf you’re on a spiritual path, you must have heard that loving yourself is very important. And indeed it is. Masturbating yourself can be the ultimate self-loving act. It’s you and only you… intimately tangled up with your own hands, taking yourself on a wonderful ride.
Loving your body through self-pleasuring also leads to a better body image as well. To touch yourself you must find yourself attractive and sexy, in a way that reinforces positive thought patterns in the brain. Self-love is sweet and well deserved.
3. Strengthen your pelvic musclesWhy would you want to do that? Strong pelvic floor and vaginal muscles are essential to having good overall sexual health. When those muscles are regularly exercised it can prevent urinary incontinence as well. As your vagina contracts during masturbation and while reaching a climax, the muscles become stronger and more flexible. This is a benefit that can help you through different stages of your life, even during and after childbirth.
4. Prevent diseaseSeveral studies show that masturbation can relieve the pain of urinary tract infections and also protect against cervical infections. Other research shows that women who masturbate on a regular basis have a lowered risk for heart disease and type-2 diabetes. So instead of pills, touch yourself to good health!
5. RelaxSexual pleasure and orgasms provoke the release of endorphins that have a very positive effect on the nervous system. Due to its stress reducing effects, you can bring more ease and relaxation into your life with some thoughtful self-loving. It will help you get better sleep, too, which is essential for health and beauty.
6. Become a better loverMany women have trouble reaching orgasm with their partner. Masturbation might just be the key to solving that problem. Experimenting with your own body is the best way to increase your sexual awareness. Through masturbation you can learn what you like in bed and what truly turns you on. Once you’re conscious of what makes you tick and makes you eventually climax, you can then communicate with your lover. Knowing and expressing your sexual desires will definitely lead to an enhanced lovemaking experience.
7. Ease menstrual painHaving a satisfying sex life with plenty of sexual pleasure and orgasms will also relieve menstrual cramps. That is partially due to balancing hormones, thanks to the brain activity that occurs during masturbation – and joyful sex. Contracting and releasing all the muscles in your most intimate body parts while you pleasure yourself can also ease PMS and the monthly flow.
8. Be happyThe same “feel-good” hormones we talked about earlier – the endorphins – will also make you a happier, more balanced person. Some cases show that masturbation can even prevent depression. At the very least it can bring you instant joy that you don’t even need a partner for. Masturbation is very handy (pun intended!) and it will surely put a smile on your face.
So are you up for a happy ending? Then it’s time to have some fun!
Artwork by www.mariaherreros.com exclusively for Hegre.com.